Primary School Homework Books
Are you looking for primary school homework books?Workabooks are your one-stop shop. One Workabook provides all the homework for one subject for one year, that's what we mean by them being a one-stop shop!
Each book is tailored to work in conjunction with the literacy or numeracy curriculum for that year in either Key Stage one or two. Whether it is Year Two numeracy, Year Four numeracy or another year, there is a Workabook to match, a Workabook that will be the perfect primary school homework book for that year.
For teachers and tutors and the school, using Workabooks keeps everything in one place. There is one book per pupil which has all their homework for that subject for the year. There is no need to photocopy, no need to print off sheets from the internet, it is all there in one book, an ongoing record of attainment, completion and progress.
For the parent or guardian too, the homework book shows how their child is performing against the curriculum for the year. It shows where they are on track, where they are exceeding expectation and where they might need further help. Rather than homework and notes home being a disparate series of sheets and tasks, progress is clear and easy to track.
Workabooks as primary school homework books - the key points- Workabooks bring all homework in literacy and numeracy into one place. One book per pupil, per year.
- They make it easy for teachers, parents, guardians and others to track progress.
- They provide an ideal revision aid, especially as they will highlight any areas which proved slightly more problematic for that pupil
- They cover the curriculum: as a teacher, parent or guardian you will know that the homework is aligned to learning objectives for that period
- They motivate pupils, providing rewards for completion and also a certificate of completion
Of course, you will be wondering what a typical Workabook contains, what sort of tasks do they set?
Workabooks can be bought by following this link and that includes single copies for any parent wanting to evaluate the Workabooks.
Benefits for the school and teacher
- Workabooks free up teachers to be creative and do what they do best - teach engaging lessons. Rather than spend hours finding appropriate homework tasks, that job is taken care of. The teacher can instead focus all their energy on in-class learning
- Workabooks provide a great resource to show every child's progress. For literacy and numeracy coordinators, for example, they make it easy to show both progress and highlight any areas of concern
- They save on photocopying and website printouts. Rather than there being endless sheets of paper, sheets which then have a tendency to get lost, or at least not kept in any sort of order, there is a single book for each pupil for each year
- They act as a great link between the school and home. They provide a clear record of work and are a perfect place for notes to be made - for example for parents or teachers to comment on whether the child found any work straightforward or particularly challenging
Benefits for parents and guardians
- Parents and guardians want to help their children, but often don't know exactly what they should be focussing on. Workabooks give that certainty, being a primary school homework book, they show precisely what the learning objectives are for that week, term and year.
- The Workabook clearly outlines how any child is performing against expected attainment levels. No longer will progress be anecdotal, or worse still based on comparison with how other parents say their children are faring. Instead, there is a clear record in one handy document
- The Workabook is a superb revision aid. If you are helping a child prepare for end-of-year exams, how do you know what to focus on? By using a primary school homework book, you can see any areas that require greater help and make sure the child revises and focusses accordingly. Given primary school children are unlikely to focus on revision for lengthy periods, you want what revision is done to be targeted.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, school governor, head, guardian, or indeed other or some combination of these, Workabooks are a great resource.
Please have a look at the samples and get a feel for how Workabooks can be the perfect primary school homework books for children in your care.